Holiday season approaches and you have some time on your hands! What to do? Feeling creative? Want to try something new? Here is a fun project you can do on your own, in your home, with safe ingredients. Make an exciting “scrunchie soap” which is ideal as a gift or for use by you and your family.
Follow the steps below to make this soap and scrunchie in one.
You will need:
- Paper cupcake holder
- Shower scrunchie
- Plastic strip and sticky tape
- Soap colouring of choice (I used pink)
- Fragrance of choice (I used a Musk blend)
- Pearlescent powder
- 200g Clear M and P soap base
- Jugs, stirrers, scale, stick, micro-wave
- Position paper cupcake holder on a flat surface
- Fold scrunchie into itself and secure with plastic strip and tape
- Chop M and P into jug, and melt in 30 second bursts until just liquid
- Add colour drop by drop and stir until desired tone achieved
- Add pearlescent and watch your soap blend!
- Add fragrance - guideline 2% of soap weight and stir
- Pour gently into positioned paper cupcake holder until two thirds full
- Insert your scrunchie and hold submerged in the soap
- Gently pour the remaining soap around the scrunchie until ‘full’
- Secure scrunchie with a stick for a minute or until set in position
- When cooled (approximately 60 minutes) release plastic strip
- Stand back and admire!
Refer to previous tips if need be.
Email me to order the ingredients for this fun project!
Till next time…stay safe!