This is one of my favourite soaps that I have made. It smells yummy and looks really nice too.
You will need:
- 205g Sunflower oil
- 500g Coconut oil
- 300 Olive Oil (I will probably use more OO next time as it was a little thick to work with)
- 8g Palm Stearic acid
- 149g NaOH – (Sodium Hydroxide) (run this through your own lye calculator)
- 302g Distilled Water
- 40g Ginger Lime Fragrance oil
- Titanium Dioxide
- Ultramarine Violet Pigment
- Mixing jugs
- Mould- I used my silicone mould – 25cm long x 7cm wide and 7cm high)
- A stick blender
Step 1: Make the balls
- I had made up the balls already from a leftover batch of soap where I had mixed too much. Once the soap had set, I let it sit for 24hours and then made the soap balls.
Step 2: Make the soap
- Prepare your colours in advance by adding some water or oil to them and mix them well to remove any lumps.
- Mix up your soap base as you would normally (see this post if you have not made CP soap before)
- Add your fragrance to the soap base/mixture.
- Divide your soap – eyeball it – you will want more in one jug that the other. Add your Titanium dioxide to the larger mix and mix in well with a whisk, then add your Ultra Marine violet to the smaller mix and then mix well with the whisk.
Step 3: Put it all together
- Pour the soap in layers putting the opposite colour soap balls into the poured soap. i.e. pour a layer of violet soap and the place white balls into it, then visa versa until all the soap is complete. Try to have some of the violet soap left over to pile onto the top.