Sunday 23 June 2013

It's workshop time again. Making Slime - a tutorial

 

DSCN0063

It is holidays time again for schools and every holiday I run a series of fun workshops for adults and kiddies. It is always fun trying to think up new things for them to make. This time I was also a little challenged to I went onto my favourite pastime - Pinterest and found this amazing tutorial. I just just had to try it. What a lot of fun and I cannot wait to make it with the kids.

Ingredients and equipment:

Borax
White Glue
Water
Food Colouring (optional) but so much more fun with colour
Ziploc bag or a heavy duty plastic bag

DSCN0002  DSCN0003  DSCN0009

How to:

1. Take a cup of water and add to it 1 Tbs. of borax (approx. 4% solution). Stir until completely dissolved. Borax is available in the laundry section of your local grocery store.

2. Make a 50% water 50% white glue solution. i.e. Take 1/4 cup of each and mix thoroughly. I put the plastic bag into a jug and mixed the glue and water straight in the bag.

DSCN0010  DSCN0012  DSCN0013

3. Add a tiny amount of food colouring to the water/ glue solution

 

DSCN0014  DSCN0015  DSCN0017

4. Add equal parts of the borax solution to equal parts of the glue solution. 1/2 cup of each will make a cup of slime.

DSCN0019  DSCN0022  DSCN0026

5. Seal bag or just tie the top and knead the mixture.
6. Dig in and have fun. Remember to wash your hands after playing.
7. Keep your slime in the sealed bag in the refrigerator when not playing with it to keep it longer. Unfortunately it may eventually dry out or grow mould. Just throw it out and start again!

Pin It!

Riverlea Soap

2 comments:

  1. This is really fun! :) I have only made play dough and that lasted for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are just going to love this recipe, I know my son would get a kick out of it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...