Two weeks ago you will have seen my very first blog post featuring a melt and pour tutorial – made from a soap kit.
This week I would like to share an experiment with another soap kit – a shimmering, glittering clear moulded soap!
The clear glycerine soap is extremely pretty all on its own, but I decided to add glitter to see how exciting it would look.
You will need:
- Moulds of 80g each (calculated by filling the mould with water and weighing it before and after)
- Soap colouring of choice (I used purple)
- Fragrance of choice (I used Fresh)
- Clear M and P soap base
- Silver glitter or mica
- Jugs, stirrers, scale, spraying alcohol, micro-wave
- Chop M and P into jug, and melt in 30 second bursts until just liquid
- Add colour drop by drop and stir until desired tone achieved
- Add fragrance - guideline 2% of soap weight and stir
- Pour gently into positioned mould
- Spritz immediately with alcohol to remove obvious bubbles
- When cooled (approximately 60 minutes) turn mould upside down and gently press to remove soap - if resisting, leave for a further 10 minutes
The glitter will sink to the bottom of your soap, which looks great when out of the mould. For more hints, refer to tips in my first tutorial.
For a soap kit like this, and other exciting projects - please contact us.
Would love to hear stories of how you explain the glitter after using this soap!