Monday 26 March 2012

Coffee Bean and Vanilla M&P–A tutorial


Coffee bean transfer-005
A while ago I bought a book Called Soapylove and made one of her soaps for a Valentine post. I loved the soap projects so much I decided to do another one.
Last year I saw some chocolate transfer sheets and thought I should be able to use them for something soapy. I am no baker, so not knowing what to do I tried to rub the transfer onto the soap. Not a great result but it did work. It seemed like a lot of work for a mediocre result. So I put the sheet away and figured I would give it to a friend of mine who does chocolate workshops, and that was the end of it. Or so I thought. Debbie Chialtas from Soapylove creations has a really neat and easy way to use the transfer sheets.
Preparation-001
You will need:
  • A mould – I used a silicone one
  • Clear Glycerine soap base – M and P. The amount is determined by how many you will make and the size of your moulds
  • Spraying alcohol
  • Fragrance oil – I used a Coffee bean and Vanilla combination 
  • Jugs, stirrers and or spoons, transfer sheets
  • Coffee bean transfer-001
 
Method:
  • Melt your clear base in a jug in the microwave in short bursts, making sure it is not too hot
  • Prepare your transfer sheet by cutting it to fit the base of your mould
  • Place the transfer in the mould, shiny side must be facing down. i.e. you will pour the soap onto the rough side. If you run your finger over the sheet it will feel slightly rough. Debbie attached her sheet to the mould with sticky tape. I did not as it is quite difficult to tape a round mould
  • Add your fragrance oil to your melted, cooled soap
  • Pour the soap carefully onto the transfer sheet
  • Spritz the soap with rubbing alcohol to remove bubbles
  • Now you wait - approximately 30 – 40 minutes, depending on how large the soap is
  • Once the soap is hard  remove it carefully from the mould 
Coffee bean transfer-002
  • Carefully peel back the clear layer of the transfer
  • You have a pretty soap with a picture/ design on it
The transfers are printed with food colouring so I am guessing if you have multi coloured designs the colours will eventually run or bleed
  Coffee bean transfer-007
Technorati Tags: ,
 









1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic idea! I super love the pattern on top!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...