Monday 5 March 2012

Making Vintage Rose soaps–Part 3

DSCN0025-001
You may have seen part 1 and part 2 of this journey. It started with wanting to make round soap and it morphed into the vintage soaps. Anyway I am still on the search and I think that this is the way I will continue to make them from now on. Sometimes the simplest route is the best route! Why we try to make things harder for ourselves I have no idea… or maybe it is just me that does that..
Prepare your moulds: I used a stainless steel pipe and a plastic drain, down pipe.
DSCN0002-001 Place a sheet of plastic on the bottom/ outside of the moulds and tape it down really well.. I also put a lid inside as well to prevent any leakage..
Then: take a sheet of PVC. For those of you who don’t know what that is – it is a medium thickness, clear plastic like sheet. Roll it up and place it inside the tube. It is now lining the inside of the tube. Stick the join down with tape.
Make your soap as usual and remember to wear your safety gear – the 3 G’s – Goggles, garment & gloves.. Once you have made your soap and are at trace,pour the mixture into the moulds. Make sure they are standing securely – you don’t want them to fall over.
Vintage soap rounds
Leave the soap to gel and set and don’t be impatient like me. The soap was still warm when I tried to peel the PVC sheet off it. So it was a little sticky and left the outside of the soap a little pitted. Never mind it’s handmade and not perfect.
 

1 comment:

  1. I've used a Pringles box to make round soap. It worked well. The idea of lining the mould with PVC is really good. I'll try it, when making round soap the next time. Thanks for sharing.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...