Sunday 29 April 2012

Faux Funnel Pour– Soap Challenge week 6

FFP4 

I have been wanting to join this challenge since it started but I have been busy with training and then I was away. Amy Warden from Great Cakes soap came up with this GREAT idea to link soapers from all over the world together but to also challenge themselves. Thanks Amy.  I have already tried this method a few times. You can see my attempts here and here and here. I had nearly given up hope that I would ever make a soap with his method that I was happy with. Well I am glad to say I am finally happy. I am not sure what I did differently but I am sure it had a lot to do with my helper – my Dad!

For the recipe and method you can click here.

FFP2

You can see the premixed colours above – I used Titanium dioxide, Green pigment, blue pigment and pink dayglo pigment. Once the soap mixture had reached light trace I added Grapefruit fragrance oil. This is one fragrance I know does not set up too fast so that is why I used it. We separated the mixture into 4 jugs and mixed in the colours.

Dad and I then started to pour into the mould in alternating colours starting with blue, then white, pink and finally green until all the soap

The final product cut. I am really happy with it.

FFP3-001

FFP1

Riverlea Soap

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This is so great!!! Love how you were able to make soap with your dad. :) It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un resultado genial y muy buena compañia. Felicidades a los dos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias. Thanks guys and thanks to Amy. This is so much fun. it is quite lonely being a soaper in South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice and I see 4 smiles!. What a grand time it looks like you had and a pretty soap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bar of soap and what lovely smiles from the two lovely people holding the soap! You did an amazing job on these and I bet you had a great time with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soaps came out beautifully...love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it great when a soap works out perfectly? Colour, fragrance and design. I also love the colours Erica.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...